It mostly happens when your file address is too long or a file one of them has a too long name/s as far as I think, but there are many other reasons.
The most appealing reason is shown below in a screenshot.
Reasons why it happens:
- The file has a too long address.
- The file has a too long name or one of them have a too long name/s.
- File size is too long (This reason for when you use the method Right+Click —-> Send To –> Compressed File)
- You have recently changed the language for non-unicode programs” in Control panel – Regional and Language options.
- Create a shortcut of your desired file or folder on the desktop and compress this file or folder again (This is the easiest solution to solve this problem).
- Rename your target file or folder.
- Create a new folder on desktop then copy your desired file or folder in this new folder
- Change the location of your target file or folder.